"About me" Personal Page by pimenov

A few words about me.
I was born on Sakhalin Island, and lived there for 15 years. Then I lived in Tuapse (Black Sea coast), in Nakhodka (not far from Vladivostok) and in the region of Veliky Novgorod.
I am a graduate of the Rostov Don College of Art (in the South of Russia) and currently I?m based in Greece. My interests in art are painting, book illustration and installations.
Here is a picture of my table in the improvised studio at Dadaj Lake, Northern Poland.

I like what Carl Sandburg said.
?Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.?

Thanks for visiting
To be continued and updated on a regular basis.

The Profile image

The Profile image is my own drawing. I upload it here again for a better view.
A Seaman. (year 2005) Mixed media on paper, 34 x 24,5 cm

Keep Walking

I thought a couple of my art pieces would be in the right place here on VT.
This black and white composition is my first woodcut of 1969. Sort of a self-portrait. I used to walk then that distance of 6 km along the Black Sea coast from home to the port of Tuapse and back, quite often, on certain occasions when the trains ran not to my time.

The Stroller

The Stroller is the title for this oil painting on canvas (80 x 90 cm, in 1997). This character could be an errant musician, a buffoon or a poet. So, an artist and a traveller, ? the self-portrait once again.
J W Goethe said: There is no surer method of evading the world than by following Art, and no surer method of linking oneself to it than by Art.

What next? Yes, to write about the travel itself. Come back again, say - eh... around Christmas. You'll enjoy more here.

This picture was taken in September 2011.
I ride bicycle almost every day. I like to go long distances on my race bike. For example, I do business rides to Athens often (I live in Keratea) ? there and back 80 km total, sometimes more. In many points it?s up and downhill here. Quite a good training.
That?s why I was sure I could do my Warsaw ? Athens tour.

Actually it?s my second tour. I made one in Russia in 1989: Veliky Novgorod ? Moscow ? Kharkov ? Rostov-on-Don. The bicycle I used then was a simple roadster, with a single gear ratio.

• Page Updated Nov 14, 2011

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2016 at 2:35 AM

Well done, Sergey! Thanks for sharing!

• pimenov's Profile Photo
      Sep 22, 2016 at 3:33 AM

Thank you very much for your attention and kind words! But really, I still have to write and show more here...

• bakalapoe's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Hello, Sergei! Very nice artworks of you! Surprised to read that you decided to live in my country permanently. Your choice sould make all us Greeks proud of you!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

“Navigare necesse est, vivere non est necesse.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.