"Vietnam Trip Day 1 : Hoi An" Hoi An Travelogue by wannabeglobetrotter
Hoi An Travel Guide: 822 reviews and 1,769 photos
We arrived at Hoi An in the afternoon, after taking a flight from Singapore to Ho Chi Minh and then to Da Nang followed by a metered taxi from the airport into Hoi An.
Hoi An is pretty small, at least the touristy parts is pretty much walkable.
If time is limited (as was the case with us), I suggest visiting the following sites (all of which can be done on foot in 2-3 hours with paparazzi style photo shoots) :
* Phuc Kien Assembly Hall, also known as the Fujian or Fukien Chinese Assembly Hall.
* Quan Thang House, said to be built over 300 years ago
* the waterfront
* a boat ride to and back from a point about 4-5 kms downstream (cost us VND 100000 a person, though we might have paid her more than usual)
* eat nice food (though the place we ate at was so so and the rest seemed a bit too touristy and/or high overpriced)
* Japanese Covered bridge (since it is probably the most covered item in any tourist book, but nothing much as such)
* the central market
Do take note that you'd need to purchase a ticket for entering the places of historical value. The one we bought was 40 or 60 thousand VND and it allowed us entry into 3 locations (if not mistaken). We bought those at a booth under a tree near the public WC and diagonally opposite the yellow building by the waterfront.
I posted several more photos on my photoblog, http://bit.ly/mRFIbV
After taking this photo, she asked for money. Having just arrived in Vietnam, the smallest denomination I had was VND 100000. I think I made her happy :)
Nón Lá is the name of the conical straw hat so often associated with Vietnam.
wannabeglobetrotter's Related Pages
Hoi An Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Embodiment of Vietnam: Hoi An"
- "Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08"
- "A charming piece of History"
- "UNESCO HERITAGE Site..a Vietnamese HIGHLIGHT..."
- "The old town of Hoi An"
- "A living museum - Hoi An, Central Vietnam"
- "Vietnam's Living Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoi An
- Hotels in Hoi An
- Transportation in Hoi An
- Nightlife in Hoi An
- Restaurants in Hoi An
- Shopping in Hoi An
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoi An
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoi An
- 1 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Hoi An?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoi An
Photos in Hoi AnSee All Photos (9)
Top 5 Pages
- Hoi An 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ha Long 1 review, 5 photos
- Da Nang 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 2 reviews
- San Francisco 2 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.