"SARDINIAN WEEK (800kms)" Sardegna Travelogue by Laserone
Sardegna Travel Guide: 830 reviews and 2,441 photos
It can be quite easy to find a casual riding club that will take you up all the way to the cliffs for a couple of hours at sunset.
built more than 2'000 years ago by the Nurags (disappeared civilisation that used to live the inner parts of the island), this natural water depot was soberly cut as a temple to praise water and was aligned with the stars.
The south west of Sardinia is in my point of view (along with the better renown Barbagia in the centre-east) the wildest and least welcoming area for both mankind and animals. What you will see here is amazing sand dunes that remind me of some national parks in the US like White Sands.
Originally a full blown monastery and now only a perfectly well kept church that dates back to the 13th century, the Church of the Madonna di Saccargia (in sardinian: Sa vacca arza - meaning the cow with the uneven fur) is a phenomenal example of tuscan religious architecture and sobriety. The frescoes inside are unexpectedly bright. Check out the bat taking off, under the second column to the right!
By car (how else?) take direction from anywhere towards Sassari and go south east for 20 km.
This arch in the rocks (20meters fall in the void and into the water) is a tongue of white calcar licking the salty water and crisp waves of the northern beaches off the Sinis peninsula (northwest-west).
Laserone's Related Pages
Sardegna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sardegna is Sardegna"
- "Sardinia - Something for everyone"
- "ISLAND WITH DIFFERENT FACES"
- "Sardegna's South"
- "~A Canadian Gal in Sardegna~"
- "Italy's second biggest island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sardegna
- Hotels in Sardegna
- Transportation in Sardegna
- Nightlife in Sardegna
- Restaurants in Sardegna
- Shopping in Sardegna
- Warnings and Dangers in Sardegna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sardegna
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sardegna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sardegna
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 2 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sardegna Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Verdeto Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tires Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Piacenza Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Parma Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vigoleno Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos