"More BM Market" Bukit Mertajam Travelogue by AngMimi

Bukit Mertajam Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 229 photos

The busy Jalan Pasar (Market Street)

This road is always busy the whole day, easily find food to eat the whole day and night too..You wont get hungry in BM ;-)

I got cheated here

I have to write something about this man selling fish to me.. I bought some cheap fish and i was charged to 5star fish, reason - Im eating safe organic fish???? Never heard of organic fish before, do you?

Cheap vegetables

Its not organic vegetables so its very cheap.. all of them for $1 per packet.

No need to bargain, its already cheap..

Aaaah..I sure like to buy cheap 1star to 5star fishes here...

Rubbish? Its a wealth to me...

I wish I could sit beside the barrel of fish innards and intestine, to search for fish stomach, where it can be fremented and cook in a delicious Baby Nyonya Dish called Perut Ikan.

Sayur Ulam-ulaman

So much ulam-ulaman to choose, young nangka to cook in curry, I bought some ferns, turmeric leaves and lemon grass.. Thats the owner's wife, who earlier asked me to take his picture. Surprise, surprise, im not an Indonesian but a Chinese.. I still wonder, do I really looked like a Malay,Indonesian..

Salted fish

Usually, fisherman make salted fish as an extra income. Salted fish is best fried and eaten with hot steam rice, when (tengah pokai, hehe) rainy days.

The oldest Supermarket in BM town

A Supermarket above the market.. Very old supermarket, with many owners changed but its still there. After finished marketing, can go up for some shopping there..

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“One Two Tree.....Smile!!!”

Badges & Stats in Bukit Mertajam

Have you been to Bukit Mertajam?

Latest Activity in Bukit Mertajam