"New Travel Pages and Tips" Personal Page by Beausoleil
Prices on the Paris Metro went up January 1, 2013. Check Paris transportation tips for new prices.
I update things we revisit or recheck information like prices but my cue is when someone rates a Tip/Review. That sends me a notice and I then review it to see if it is up to date. Doesn't do the person who just read it much good, but the next few folks get current prices, web sites, etc.
New Travel Pages:
Working on Schleiden, Germany which includes nearby Gemund and the Eifel National Park. Lots to do in the area including Aachen.
Added a new page about cell phones in France at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/2246c7/
Started a new Travel Page on Massachusetts since we just returned. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/510/
New Tip on the Clark Institute in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Great art gallery in northwest Massachusetts.
I am always talking about and recommending the Plus Beaux Villages of France so decided it was time to write a tip. I've posted pictures of PBV in different parts of France and a web site where you can find all 156 of them with photos.
We made a pilgrimage to the Viaduc de Millau and loved the boat trip underneath the immensely high bridge. It was an impressive experience. I put the information under Millau since it is better known than tiny Creissels where you actually catch the boat.
Someone was asking about a beautiful, non-touristy place to stay with a restaurant, bakery and some shops and in the Dordogne region of France. There are several Plus Beaux Villages but they are all wall-to-wall tourists so I suggested Daglan, absolutely beautiful with no tourists at all. Then I typed Daglan into the VT Search Window and discovered no one here has written a Daglan Travel Page . . . so I did and here it is: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/1ee5b/
San Gimignano: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/23294/
There is also a new Tip on renting a bright red Vespa
Europe: Money . . . How do I get it? (about credit cards)
Montolieu, the city of books in southwest France
Homps on the Canal du Midi
New Things to Do in Avignon (Rocher des Doms)
New Travelogue of Stained glass windows in Chartres
Avignon: Trompe l'oeil in the windows of Avignon
Paris: Tourist Traps a comparison of various Paris Passes
Paris: Fish names in French
Paris: 2 days in Paris for 13-14 year olds
Paris: My Top Ten Sights in Paris in 3 days
Domme: (new Restaurant and new Things to Do)
Domme in the Perigord, a Plus Beau Village of France
Update on Villefranche-de-Rouergue
Restaurant Tip on L'Assiette Gourmande
Updates on France:
What Should You Pack?
Updates on Annecy, the beautiful alpine lake
Update on Port--au-Prince, Haiti in the West Indies
Update on Azay-le-Rideau in the Loire Valley (my fav chateau)
Update on Basse Normandie, where the D-Day Beaches are
Update on the Dordogne (Perigord Noir area)
La Roque Gageac: Ride in a Gabare
Mirepoix: Perfect little medieval village
Sarlat: Chateau du Millandes
Sarlat: Two restaurant updates from our recent trip
Paris: Don't Miss the Musée d'Orsay (renovation update)
Paris: Visit the Picasso Museum (renovation update)
Paris: Ste. Chapelle, a Dream in Stained Glass (renovation update:
Condat-sur-Vezere in the Dordogne region of France has a great restaurant
New Restaurant Review in France (general overview of France)
New Travel Page on St. Genies, France, a beautiful Dordogne village
Caylus is an ancient village (Aveyron region of France)
List of Foods in French (in the Paris section of VT)
Free Parking in Sarlat-le-Canéda
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 632 Reviews
- 2,975 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 173 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (124)
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: Accomodation"
- Commented on Beausoleil's profile page
- updated a Beaune Travel Page "Beaune, Great Wine, Food, Art & History!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fields of Lavender"
- Wrote a Review Fields of Lavender in Lourmarin Things to Do
- Beausoleil and jabdulrasool are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "France - In and Out of Paris (see Paris page too)"
- Commented on the Paris Things to Do travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Paris
VideosSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 89 reviews, 285 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 27 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Intro, 14 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beaune Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caen Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Amboise Intro, 5 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Obernai Intro, 5 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pays de la Loire Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Strasbourg Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos
- Tourette-sur-Loup Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos