"New Travel Pages and Tips" Personal Page by Beausoleil

A running list of new pages as they are created

I've added a lot of Off the Beaten Track tips and haven't listed them here. Just check Off the Beaten Track, particularly in Paris. We were there for a month and had time to really explore.

Prices on the Paris Metro went up January 1, 2015. Check Paris transportation tips for new prices. Fortunately, the Batobus didn't raise fares. The Metro is still a bargain.

On our one-month anniversary trip, we found one new restaurant that was really nice, La Bonne Excuse on rue de Verneuil in the 7th. Highly recommended.

I update things we revisit or recheck information like prices but my cue is when someone rates a Tip/Review. That sends me a notice and I then review it to see if it is up to date.

New Travel Pages:

We've revisited Paris twice and I have a few new tips there.

Spent a month in Ireland in September 2013 and I'm working on that. All the Ireland pages are relatively new.

We're home now, but we were headed to Provence with our daughters so I made up a PACA (Provence-Alpes-Cote-d'Azur) Page with information about Provence for our daughters so they could start planning. We all plan several days so we each get to do something we truly want to do. Kind of takes the stress off Mom too. I'm in the process of doing Tips on Provence . . . and updating older tips. Major updates to Saint-Remy-de-Provence. Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur by Beausoleil

If you have questions about your cell phone in Europe, check the page about cell phones in France at What About Your Cell Phone in Europe by Beausoleil

Started a new Travel Page on Massachusetts since we just returned. Beautiful Massachusetts by Beausoleil

New Tip on the Clark Institute in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Great art gallery in northwest Massachusetts.
The Clark Institute by Beausoleil

I am always talking about and recommending the Plus Beaux Villages of France so decided it was time to write a tip. I've posted pictures of PBV in different parts of France and a web site where you can find all 156 of them with photos.
Plus Beaux Villages of France by Beausoleil

We made a pilgrimage to the Viaduc de Millau and loved the boat trip underneath the immensely high bridge. It was an impressive experience. I put the information under Millau since it is better known than tiny Creissels where you actually catch the boat.
The Amazing Viaduc de Millau by Beausoleil

Someone was asking about a beautiful, non-touristy place to stay with a restaurant, bakery and some shops and in the Dordogne region of France. There are several Plus Beaux Villages but they are all wall-to-wall tourists so I suggested Daglan, absolutely beautiful with no tourists at all. Then I typed Daglan into the VT Search Window and discovered no one here has written a Daglan Travel Page . . . so I did and here it is: Picturesque Daglan in the Dordogne by Beausoleil

San Gimignano: San Gimignano, Italy by Beausoleil
There is also a new Tip on renting a bright red Vespa at the above link.

Europe: Money . . . How do I get it? (about credit cards)
Credit card information by Beausoleil

Updates as they are created

Updates on France:
What Should You Pack?
Packing for France by Beausoleil

Camon, a perfect medieval village. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/2042a/

Several Paris updates, including the new Metro rates. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/18308/

New France Tips including shopping. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/1c/

Some new photos and info on Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/f271/

Newest Travel Page and a new Tip in Paris

L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue was one of our must-see spots on the last trip. I'm not sure why we hadn't visited before but we wandered all over this time and thoroughly enjoyed it. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/1a0a1/

Condat-sur-Vezere in the Dordogne region of France has a great restaurant
L[http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/7ba16/1f4b2/]Condat sur Vezere by Beausoleil%L*

New Restaurant Review in France (general overview of France)
Logis de France, Always Excellent Restaurants by Beausoleil

New Travel Page on St. Genies, France, a beautiful Dordogne village
St. Genies, Should be a Plus Beau Village by Beausoleil

Caylus is an ancient village (Aveyron region of France)
Caylus, Art and Food by Beausoleil

List of Foods in French (in the Paris section of VT)
List of French Food Translations by Beausoleil

Free Parking in Sarlat-le-Canéda
Free Parking in Sarlat-la-Canéda by Beausoleil

New Tips/Reviews (when I remember to add them)

New Things to Do in Avignon (Rocher des Doms)
Exploring Avignon by Beausoleil

See My Top 10 Paris Sights in Three Days by Beausoleil

• Page Updated Jan 27, 2015

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Hello and Happy Spring (sort of--still snowing here!). The New Travel Pages and Tips with all the links are terrific! Thanks for the many valuable things you've shared, especially useful for me on my first visit to France. You've helped shape my plans! Thanks a bunch, Leslie

• ines2003's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM

nice page and painting, cheers

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM

beautiful new pic - a number of places including the Dorgogne area I still have to see to add to the number Ive already had around France - love driving around France! lovely watercolour painting! are you living back in France or still in California?

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
      Oct 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM

California is an odd state. It's very long north to south so warmer all winter in the south. We have coast, valley and mountains and the coast is milder than the valleys and the valleys milder than the mountains. The mountains can be brutal in winter, blizzards, roads closed, etc. We live in the valley between coast and mountain and about halfway north to south so we have very mild winters and flowers bloom all year, but we don't have the tropical flowers we had when we lived farther south. We kind of have everything if you know where to look. It's fun!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
      Oct 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM

yes it sounds like a wonderful variety - much like Morocco and NZ and Australia - countries i love for their variety!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 6:28 AM

some good stuff here! lots of work, but it has paid off. I'll be back to see what else you've been up to. Love your cover photo here.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

“Live long enough to see it all.”

Real Name