"Details..." Alcobaça Travelogue by Martin_S.
Alcobaça Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 468 photos
So many things to take in and so much work and effort put into everything, even to the decorations surrounding this small wooden door which enters into the Sacristy.
Lovely arches here in the Refectory and large enough area for a good football game.
The kitchen with a type of sunken basin and what looks to be large enough for a swimming pool.
I think that the referrence was to "the vast Kitchen, which has a canal diverted from the Alcoa River".
Details were not missing on this faucet in the kitchen either.
And of course the gardens, I guess if the Cloister of Dom Dinis is known at the Cloister of Silence, then silence gave them enough time to tend this perfect garden, instead of wasting it on chit-chat.
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Alcobaça Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alcobaca and the West"
- "Alcobaça - known for its Monastery & more !!"
- "Alcobaca - UNESCO site"
- "Alcobaça's Gem"
- "Alcobaca, UNESCO World Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcobaça
- Hotels in Alcobaça
- Transportation in Alcobaça
- Nightlife in Alcobaça
- Restaurants in Alcobaça
- Shopping in Alcobaça
- Warnings and Dangers in Alcobaça
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alcobaça
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (152)
Have you been to Alcobaça?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcobaça
Photos in AlcobaçaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues