"Continueing the city walk to historic places" Uusikaupunki Travelogue by gubbi1
Uusikaupunki Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 72 photos
Above you can see 'The Rescue Patrol' by Onni Pursiainen. It is a statue in memory of Captain Emil Erholm and of all the sailors who have disappeared on sea. If you are interested in Sea Patrols, check the DGzRS. They take care of the rescue of ships all around the world. You can also donate to them.
This is the monument of Uusikaupunki Peace Treaty. It is situated in the
Market Place. The early 18th century hostilities between Sweden and Russia ended in a Peace Treaty in Uusikaupunki in 1721. The negotiations were held here in a house, which was brought from Lokalahti for that particular purpose. Reino Harsti designed the monument and it´s situated on the site where the negotiation held place. (Text partly taken from the city guide)
These buldings are the storage buildings of the harbour. During the high times of the harbour all along the water these kind of huts were standing. Only a small part is left.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Uusikaupunki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uusikaupunki -hundred of islands sea area..."
- "sami77's new Uusikaupunki Page"
- "hanspeter_W.'s new Uusikaupunki Page"
- "Uusikaupunki - Old Town"
- "Dexters's new Uusikaupunki Page"
- "Uusikaupunki --- The New City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uusikaupunki
- Hotels in Uusikaupunki
- Transportation in Uusikaupunki
- Restaurants in Uusikaupunki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uusikaupunki
- 0 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Uusikaupunki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uusikaupunki
Photos in UusikaupunkiSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues