I know that it gets really expensive especially those who are coming outside the United States. But, here is a deal you might like to consider. I will try to find a two bedroom condo or a house with a working kitchen near downtown and rent it for a whole month where budget travellers can stay. (Members has to chip in for the rent/utilities).

This will be cheaper because then you will cook your own meal and can even have an extended stay. I will start renting it August 1-31.

If you are interested, please let me know because this is a big commitment...

If I am able to find housing, people will be sleeping on the floors and cook their own meals! (This means that the traveller has to bring their own bedsheet and pillow. (We will talk about this later).

Camping in my backyard

If you can only afford to pay for airfare, please let me know ahead of time. I will try to make this possible for you!

Some people can also stay in my house as I will be putting out tents in my backyard. They can have access to the bathroom and washroom. (I can have 5-10 people stay). I will provide for breakfast as long as there is no cooking involved! I will provide for cereals, power bars, milk, bagels, muffins, coffee, fruits, boiled eggs, etc. I will charge $100 for the whole week which will cover for your tent, rental, pillows, beddings, water, electricity and food).

If you are driving and will be bringing your own tent, pillows and bedsheets, I will be charging $50.00 for the whole week. If you can't provide for tents, we can rent it at REI in Seattle. You can reserve your tent early!

My backyard can accommodate small tents.

(Note: I don't have a big house but I have a big heart!)

Please email me in advance because I have to rent tents!

• Page Updated Oct 23, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

“Let's Meet in Seattle in 2012!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.