"India - Poetry" Personal Page by jacquesrenaud

Amir Khusrau

Three months ago I decided to go back to Kerala in January 2012. I have a friend there, I met him in 1995. And he was the reason I went back to Kovalam in 1998. So I wrote a message on different forums - Kovalam - Santana - Some news from my friend ? -.

Somebody told me :

- What a lovely posting!
I have nothing to offer in terms of tracing your friend, but you write beautifully, and what you write vividly conjurs up your time together. -

Even through my poor English I was able to pass and share my feelings! Great.

September, the 17th at 4:36 am, on lonelyplanet oliviajane wrote :

- Hi Raakhbaba,

Just came across this post whilst looking for something else.

I know who you are talking about. His name was Rajan. Sorry to say but sadly he died a few years back... -

So painful it was, so painful it is. When his master, Hazrat Shaikh Khwaja Syed Muhammad Nizamuddin Auliya, an holy man of the Sufi Chishti order , died Amir Khusrau wrote a deeply sad and so beautiful sufi doha (poetry). I loved it but I did not know before oliviajane'answer I will feel such a pain.

गोरी सोवै सेज पर मुख पर डारे केस ।
चल खुसरो घर आपने रैन भई चहुँ देस ॥

The fair maiden rests on a bed her face covered with a lock of hair;
Oh Khusrau, return home now, the dark dusk settles in four corners of the world

La blanche beauté dort sur le lit, cheveux répandus sur le visage ;
Oh Khusrau, rentre chez toi, la nuit s'est étendue sur le monde.

On another forum dogster wrote :

- What a wonderful post. We need more poetry in Fodors.

What happened to Santana? What happened to my friend?

Ah-h-h-h... -

This sharp knife was turning and turning again playing in my heart. Blind I forgot to add - This fair maiden was a sant, Khusro's guru, his master he was loving and respecting.

Is it too late ?

Wikipedia is pretty good talking about Amir Khusro http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Khusrow

• Page Updated Oct 23, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

“Meet the people”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.