"Photography with Sab - Parissetmefree" Paris Travelogue by aussirose

Paris Travel Guide: 22,753 reviews and 56,278 photos

I first found Sab a while ago on vt and I really loved his video of the Blue Eiffel Tower in which he uses slow shutter speed to take a couple pix of the tower and then infuse them into the one photo with an amazing effect.

That video never left my mind so when our big trip came around I looked it up again. I noticed that Sab had not been on vt for a long time so I decided to google parissetmefree and found him! Sab is a photographer who loves to share his knowledge with others on walking photo tours of Paris. So guess what?

Yep, here we are with Sab Sunday morning walking the back streets of the Latin Quarter.

Hubby thought it was a great idea and a chance to learn more about his new toy and increase his knowledge to enhance his new hobby, photography.

I have just a video camera and a small point and shoot camera but Sab also caters for people like me so I got involved too :o)

I mentioned it to Steve and he happily put his name down and joined us. It was a fun 4 hours.

We learnt a few new techniques and had fun practicing.

Better still it was raining lightly and that makes for a whole stack of better shots like the one here of the wet pavers and Sab walking past with his camera dangling.

Here's the expert in action! :o)

Sab is here telling us the spot to point at and get ready to shoot when he walks past.

Another great thing to do on a rainy day is to take a photo through a glass window. The effect is quite interesting.

Looks like it's painted with chalk hey :o)

If you keep your eyes peeled when walking the streets, it's interesting what you will find.

This one is my favourite. Consequently I made it my opening pic of my Paris page. I didn't want the usual Eiffel Tower or Notre Dame pic.

If you send Sab 3 of your photos taken on the day he will upload them to his site and give his feedback. This will be my first photo and I will also include number 1 and number 3. I hope he says they are good :o)

Well good enough for an amateur lol.

We stopped at a cafe for a coffee and to compare photos. Of course I was still in photo taking mode and the shop had some interesting wall paintings. I love the colour :o)

Anyway if you love photography and want to capture a different perspective of Paris other than the usual touristy icons, then I would totally recommend that you book a photo tour with Sab! See my tip for more details.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Paris