"Gardens of Versailles" Paris Travelogue by aussirose

Paris Travel Guide: 22,881 reviews and 56,906 photos

After our photo tour with Sab we jumped on the train and headed out to Versailles to check out the gardens. While Steve went inside the impressive palace, hubby and I wandered around the gardens.

Even though I liked the Monet Gardens better, I would still recommend that you visit the gardens of Versailles. It certainly is a WoW experience!!

Unlike Monet Gardens, the gardens of Versailles are formal and expansive. In fact hubby says they are one of the largest formal gardens in Europe.

It had been drizzling all morning and when we arrived at the station we bought an umbrella. No sooner had we opened our umbrella, the sun came out. ....How's that for law of averages :o)

I should have looked up at the sky and said....ok I'm going to buy an umbrella now! loll

Anyway, back to the gardens :o) These formal gardens were massive! Everything was grand! from the huge fountains to the large lifelike statues to the big clipped hedges and stupendous lakes and ponds!

Hubby studdied these gardens for his diploma in Landscape Design so he was as happy as a piginpoo! :o) You couldn't take the smile off his face :o)

I actually quite liked the statues and spent most of my time taking shots of them rather than the actual gardens :o)

How to capture a lonely pidgeon on top of a clipped hedge?..

You just had to be there at the right moment ;o)

This lady looks like she's thinking that this big vase is going to fall on her at any minute :o)

Maybe it might be a good idea to move.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

aussirose

“A free Rose from the garden is a girl's best friend.”

Badges & Stats in Paris