"'Climbing' to a world heritage site --- part 1" Korpilahti Travelogue by gubbi1
Korpilahti Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 27 photos
Well after following the signs I arrived at the foot of the hill on which one of the measurement points for the Struve Geodetic Arc was located. At the beginning of the narrow trail were some signs explaining what the Struve Arc is, but I already knew...
So I started the ascent on the hill, with just a little idea how far it is, but with full knowledge that it must be on the very top.
The trail was pretty narrow leading through the bushes.
Suddenly this guy cross my way, after taking some photos here surely was glad that I continued walking.
At several points there were signs with a map set up and arrow telling how many meter I already hiked and how much there is to go. For middle and southern Finland the trail was quite steep.
Another group of mushrooms. It was really surprising to me to see so many during my whole trip.
After a pretty narrow part suddenly stairs showed up leading onto some rocks... let's go to the next travelogue to continue.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Korpilahti Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Korpilahti
- 0 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Korpilahti?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Korpilahti
Photos in KorpilahtiSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues