"Jan Pawel (Pope John Paul II) in Krakow" Krakow Travelogue by GentleSpirit
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,500 reviews and 10,636 photos
Everywhere you go in Krakow, you will see an image of the favorite son, Karol Józef Wojtyła,Pope John Paul II (Jan Pawel). He was from Wadowice, not far from Krakow. Krakow Airport is named after him, and you will see his image literally everywhere you go.
In 1964 he became Bishop of Krakow
1978 he was elected Pope following the death of John Paul I. He was the first non-Italian pope in 455 years. The locals are immensely proud of their Jan Pawel.
More Travelogues (1)
- See All Vodka
- See All Adam Mickiewicz
- Krakow in a golf cart
- Getting around Krakow
GentleSpirit's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "KRAKOW *** CRACOVIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 35 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Top 10 Pages
- Washington D.C. Intro, 82 reviews, 196 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 73 reviews, 133 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 46 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 45 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arlington Intro, 35 reviews, 65 photos
- Krakow Intro, 35 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toulouse Intro, 23 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olomouc Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos