"Beach and Baltic" Stubbenkammer Travelogue by egonwegh
Stubbenkammer Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos
After our descent from the chalk cliffs, we walked from Koenigsstuhl back to Lohme. It reminded us very strongly of our 2009 walk along the Pacific Coast near Cape Alava.
A breach in the chalk cliffs
Beach made up of rocks and flint, or Feuerstein in German. A funny thing about the flint: on this beach we could pick up as many of these stones as we could carry for free. But on a recent trip to Austria, we saw that these same flintstones were for sale at the Vorderer Gosausee for no less than one euro apiece. It's the old story of supply and demand again, I suppose.
More Travelogues (1)
egonwegh's Related Pages
Stubbenkammer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Lohme to Stubbenkammer and Jasmund"
- "Please ... have a sit :-)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stubbenkammer
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Stubbenkammer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stubbenkammer
Photos in StubbenkammerSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 83 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues