"My new favourite destination!" Shanghai Travelogue by piglet44

Shanghai Travel Guide: 3,205 reviews and 8,341 photos

IT's got under my skin!

The first time we visited Shanghai in April 2008 was at the end of our 3 week holiday and we flew there after an amazing trip to some beautiful places.When we got to Shanghai I was tired,and it was raining and we only spent 2 days there and saw only Yuyuan Gardens and the Bund and the Museum.So this time when we returned to China for a year we flew into Shanghai and suddenly I discovered that I love the place. We took a hotel called Donghu near to Houhai road where all the glitzy shops are and it was lovely.We walked to the Jing'an Temple and sat in the gardens and had a brilliant time.

Third Visit to Shanghai

Then two weeks ago during National Day holiday we went back to Shanghai for the third time.This time we came armed with a shopping list,as we are going to be staying in China during the winter and we wanted to buy some warm clothes,coats and boots.
So we had a list of the best markets to visit and that was exactly what we did.
WE visited the Qi Pu market near North Sichuan Road where you can bargain to your heart's delight and shop till you drop.It is literally massive,street upon street of clothing malls.We suddenly realized we had been shopping from around 10am till 5 non stop and we were starving.We couldn't find anywhere to eat except for the ubiquitous KFC.And that was crammed with people.Anyway we ate there and continued shopping a little more.

More shopping!

Next day we went to another market,this time one located underneath the Science and Technology Museum,near Century Park.This market is a bit more classy than Qi Pu and so are the prices,but the people assured me that the quality there is better.At any rate,we still managed a few more purchases.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

piglet44 Visits Here Frequently!

piglet44

“love to travel!”

Badges & Stats in Shanghai

Have you been to Shanghai?

Latest Activity in Shanghai