"La Palma the most beautiful Canary Island" Canary Islands Travelogue by Twan
Canary Islands Travel Guide: 4,996 reviews and 11,606 photos
The island of La Palma: beautiful, green, versatile and friendly
The Palmeros call La Palma is also known as La Isla Bonita: beautiful island, La Isla Verde or green island. Quite rightly, because the island has breathtaking places and a huge diversity of vegetation. This is due to the rain and the ability of the Canary pine trees to the nebula condensed. Together with the sun and the fertile lava basis for a successful planting.
The vegetation consists of subtropical forests, laurel forests with huge ferns and lower lava fields with succulents and cacti. The characteristic Drago's (dragon tree) can be viewed here. The lush gardens of the residents. La Palma is arguably the greenest island of the Canary archipelago.
La Palma is the fifth largest island of this archipelago of seven islands exists and has the shape of a hand ax. Based on the average height, compared with the surface (706 km), it is one of the most mountain-like islands in the world. The Roque de los Muchachos is 2425 meters, the highest peak of La Palma. At Roque de Los Muchachos Observatory is the foremost of the northern hemisphere. On the highest peaks (above 2000 m) is the sky nearly 260 days of the year finished bright. Worldwide, there are few areas that meet the demands of the modern astronomy asked, why come every year about 400 astronomers from different countries to La Palma.
The population of La Palma lives mainly on agriculture. Grown bananas, grapes, avocados and tobacco that is processed into cigars according to experts not inferior to the Cuban cigars.
The island attracts mainly walkers (there is an exclusive range of trails), nature lovers and people who need privacy and want to enjoy peace. The local wines and cuisine at their bit to contribute here. The Atlantic also surprised visitors with dolphins and even whales during the winter.
Absence of mass tourism, mainly by the absence of the traditional white beaches. But there are some beaches where one can relax and lie. However, one must get used to the black beach.
The local cuisine is excellent. The restaurants offer an authentic atmosphere. With the perfect climate taste in salads for example, the sun.
Twan's Related Pages
Canary Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LAS ISLAS CANARIAS"
- "Leroy's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Was there as a child - Am there as an adult!"
- "F.Lade's new Canary Islands Page"
- "Canary Islands : TENERIFEVamos a volar a Tenerife"
- "Canary Island: Paradise of Beaches"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canary Islands
- Hotels in Canary Islands
- Transportation in Canary Islands
- Nightlife in Canary Islands
- Restaurants in Canary Islands
- Shopping in Canary Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Canary Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canary Islands
- 47 Reviews
- 247 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Canary Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canary Islands
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos