"Saturday picnic under the Eiffel Tower" Paris Travelogue by aussirose
Paris Travel Guide: 22,888 reviews and 56,953 photos
So of course I was itchin' to see it! And WoW! What a sight it was! :o)
I had no desire to go up in it but to view it from below and around and of course whilst sitting in it's shadow with my vt mates at a picnic arranged by Ed and Paul.
Here is the nice vt group that I had the pleasure to join for this momentous occasion :o)
I was so happy to see Valerie again! Valerie and I met when she came to Perth and we had a lovely lunch at Little Creatures Micro Brewery in Fremantle.
I wasn't supposed to know that Valerie was coming. It was a surprise arranged by her sister Helena who I was looking forward to meeting for the first time.
In fact I did not know they were sisters until Helen spilt the beans and told me before the Paris meet. Well you can imagine my excitement to not only meet Helena for the first time, but to learn that Valerie was her sister and that she was coming too! WoW!! :o)
It was great to see you again matey!...and hope you can come downunder for one of our big Aussie meets.
Speaking of Helena......here she is!! :o)
Helena, it was a pleasure to meet you and also to spend the day with you and Valerie at Monet gardens.....a wonderful day to remember! :o)
Hope we can meet again sometime soon!
Here is a special couple :o) Ilse has been one of my long time friends on vt. I have a soft spot for my long time friends :o) And even though quite often I do not speak much....I'm not really a chitchat sort of person..... that does not mean that I forget the special moments that we have shared. Memories are kept in the heart.
Anyway, Ilse was on my list of people that I was looking forward to meeting for the first time. And I was also happy to meet her sister and lovely daughter here in the picture.
Ilse, I also hope that we can meet again in the near future. It was a real pleasure my friend :o)
LOST FOR WORDS HERE.
I COULD SAY WHAT I AM THINKING THOUGH..... ;O)
ANYONE DARE TO HELP OUT?.....
Aussie Barney couldn't miss this occasion....but I'm not sure what he's doing here?
Anyone care to elaborate?.... :o)
Ed and Valerie pose for the cameras :o)
Thanks Ed for helping to put this together. I am so greatful that you kept the big Paris meet going especially when we found out that the original organiser had basically opted out.
And it was just wonderful to meet you in person! You did a fantastic job!...and we all had the best time!!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! xxxx
Take 6 for the group pic posted above. Haha.
Sometimes it's like that with vt.....trying to round the sheep up for a group photo. :o)
But, finally we did it - 1st picture of this travelogue.
Oh, btw.... if you see any of my group pictures (most taken by hubby) and you want one. Please just nick it! It's free! :o) xx
More Travelogues (17)
aussirose's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 9 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (157)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 23 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues