"Parc Omega" Montebello Travelogue by GrumpyDiver
Montebello Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 53 photos
This is very typical scenery for Western Quebec (and Eastern Ontario). Trees and lakes. It looks wonderful. Too bad that the mosquitos somehow live here too.
It's best to slather on the insect repellent!
Parc Omega is fun for all ages. It is about an hour drive from Ottawa or Montreal, near Montebello, Quebec.
Not far from the bear compound, we see a pack of timber wolves. These animals are also viewed from the safety of a platform.
During the summer, there are several bird of prey demonstrations, with falconers showing off various different birds. This is a closeup of the young bald eagle
These large animals are there to greet you as you start driving through the park. They are free to roam while you drive through the park in your car. They will stand in front of your car and come right up to the windows looking to get a carrot from the guests.
Most of the animals here love the taste of sweet carrots and enjoy being fed by the visitors. You can bring your own or if you have forgetten to bring some, you can buy some in the gift shop. If your car window is too wide open, they will try to stick their heads right inside the car!
All good fun, but your car tends to get drooled on!
This is a female. Some of the males have amazing antlers.
Out in a large compound, we see the black bears. Visitors get to walk here, on an elevated platform, high above the bears.
Out near the farm, you can get out of the car and walk around. There are lots of fairly tame deer around that are more than willing to take some carrots from the visitors.
The Ibex is a European import, but as you can see, they will get right up to the car window looking for treats too.
GrumpyDiver's Related Pages
Montebello Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sunday at the Château Montebello, Québec"
- "Omega Park"
- "Parc Omega"
- "largest log hotel in the world"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montebello
- 1 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Montebello?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montebello
Photos in MontebelloSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Ottawa Intro, 26 reviews, 238 photos, 12 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 104 photos, 7 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 87 photos, 10 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 18 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tibet Intro, 2 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 7 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bhutan Intro, 19 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Picton Intro, 9 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue