"Architectural Masterpieces of Lviv" Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Travelogue by hunterV
Lviv Travel Guide: 844 reviews and 2,964 photos
Cathedral of St.Olha and St.Elizabeth is located not far from the railway station in Kropivnytsky Square, at the corner of Bandera Street.
You can reach it by tram #9 and tram #1 (one stop).
The cathedral was called after Empress Elizabeth (Sissi) Habsburg, the wife of Emperor Franz Joseph I.
The cathedral was built from 1903 till 1911 by architect Thodor Maryan Talevsky.
It was built in Neo-Gothic style.
The spires of the cathedral are seen from the area of the railway station.
The railway station building is protected by law as an architectural monument called the Railway Palace.
There is a good waiting room with a bar inside the railway station.
The cab fare to the railway station from downtown may vary from 35 to 55 UAH depending on the time of the day.
- See All Visit Vynnyky
- See All Eternal City
- See All Cathedral Treasures
- See All Religious Buildings
- See All The Oldest Market
- See All Glorifying Bread and Wine
- See All For Music Lovers
hunterV's Related Pages
Lviv Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Gateway to the West"
- "Lviv - The princely city of Western Ukraine"
- "Lviv - mix of Western look and Eastern behaviour"
- "City of Lions and Open Hearts"
- "Lviv - the city of the East and the West"
- "Lwow (Lviv) City of Lion and Dreams"
- "?Waiting in the wings?."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lviv
- Hotels in Lviv
- Transportation in Lviv
- Nightlife in Lviv
- Restaurants in Lviv
- Shopping in Lviv
- Warnings and Dangers in Lviv
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lviv
- 156 Reviews
- 999 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 72 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Lviv?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lviv
Photos in LvivSee All Photos (999)
Videos in LvivSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 245 reviews, 1516 photos, 33 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kharkiv Intro, 86 reviews, 619 photos, 23 travelogues
- Mirgorod Intro, 81 reviews, 500 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 448 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Poltava Intro, 63 reviews, 358 photos, 5 travelogues