"Hiking Pyhä-Häkki National Park --- part 2" Saarijärvi Travelogue by gubbi1
Saarijärvi Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 33 photos
And suddenly we are standing in front of this tree. It doesn' really look special at first as it is quite high, OK, but not very thick.
But when reading the sign you notice that the tree was 'born' in 1641. It is called 'Uusi iso puu' which means 'New large tree'. Another tree in the park, which was older, died a few years ago. So this tree took over his position.
If you know about the history Finland, you know that this tree was standing on the ground of three different countries. When the seed opened, the place was Sweden, later it became Russia and now it is Finland.
So lets leave the old guy behind and head forward.
We won't loose orientation...
... it could happen if there were no trails.
gubbi1's Related Pages
Saarijärvi Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saarijärvi
- 0 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Saarijärvi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saarijärvi
Photos in SaarijärviSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues