"Eurasia Marathon Istanbul - Turkey (2011)" Personal Page by muratkorman

About Eurasia Marathon

Eurasia Marathon is an annual international event in Istanbul. There are 4 categories you can participate : Marathon, 15 km run, 8 km run and 8 km public walk. In this album you will see some highlights. We joined the public walk and walked from Altunizade (Asian side of Istanbul) to Dolmabahce (European side of Istanbul) through the Bosphorus Bridge with my wife. This was the second time for me and the first time for her. Although the weather conditions were not very helpful, we enjoyed this unique experience.

Moving to Bosphorus Bridge

After the start, we moved to Bosphorus Bridge to pass from Asia to Europe.

On the Bosphorus Bridge

It would be a shame if we didn't get a picture together with my wife on the bridge.

The crowd

Thousands of people were walking with us. It was an amazing experience.

Moving along the bridge

We take our time while we passed the bridge. You don't get to have this chance everyday.

Vendors

It was business as usual for street vendors. We were walking for fun and they were doing their best to earn some money.

Already in Europe

We passed the bridge and stepped on European soil. Well, locals like me pass between both continents almost everyday, but I am sure the foreigners who joined this event had a unique feeling.

The finish line

It took us approximately 1 hour 45 minutes to reach the finish line. The rain helped us improve our tempo as we didn't want to get totally soaked. We will continue joining this event as long as we can...

• Page Updated Oct 17, 2011

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

muratkorman

“Once you get the sweet taste of travelling, it becomes an addiction...”

Real Name