"Weekend travel in London- expect delays." London Travelogue by uglyscot
London Travel Guide: 25,575 reviews and 58,298 photos
A visit to London took me into areas I was not very familiar with : Wandsworth, Barnes ,and Kilburn. But it was getting there that was the difficulty.
I arrived at Paddington Station to find that the District line was not available. I was heading to Putney which is on that line. Instead I had to take the Metropolitan line to Piccadilly Circus, and change to the Piccadilly line.I got off at Earl's Court and waited for a District line train to Fulham Broadway which was as far as it was going ,as work on the line closed the rest of the route. At Fulham there were many Chelsea football fans alighting too. I was met by my friend and we went to Putney.
In the evening we were going to a party in Kilburn. It took us almost two hours as we were caught up in traffic through Hammersmith .
The following day we drove through Barnes and this time took the Hammersmith bridge, which avoided the jams in Hammersmith, so that I could reach Paddington station again . This time my train to Cardiff was delayed because only three rail tracks were in use- because of work on the line, what else!- and we had to wait until there was a space for us.
My advice is to avoid travel to London at the weekend, and be careful where you plan to go on the Underground as there are usually disruptions due to ongoing work. Or use the bus.
- See All Saturday night in Kilburn
- See All spicy chicken
- See All St Paul's Church, Covent Garden
- See All Tourist buses
- See All Lords Cricket Ground
uglyscot's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 103 Reviews
- 353 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- updated a London Travel Page "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner...."
- Posted in Travel Egypt Forum "Re: Abu Simbel or Cairo for last..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shop till you drop"
- Commented on one of planxty's London travelogues
- Wrote a Review Saturday night in Kilburn in London Nightlife
- Uploaded a Video to London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (353)
Videos in LondonSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 103 reviews, 354 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Khartoum Intro, 70 reviews, 274 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairo Intro, 81 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 64 reviews, 211 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cardiff Intro, 49 reviews, 208 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sudan Intro, 51 reviews, 177 photos, 9 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 152 photos, 8 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 26 reviews, 144 photos, 4 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 26 reviews, 131 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omdurman Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues