"A glimpse of Architecture of Paris" Paris Travelogue by aussirose
Paris Travel Guide: 22,753 reviews and 56,278 photos
One thing I found when visiting Europe was that around every corner there is somethng amazing to see! The architecture is phonominal! ....from the awesome Eiffel Tower and grand Notre Dame to the simple design of a row of arches that is asthetically pleasing to the eye.
This is not somthing us Aussies are used to so I found it hard not to stop and admire a bit longer....whilst the rest of the vt crew were moving onto something else :o)
The statues were so lifelike and I was amazed at the intricate detail. In fact at Versailles the many lifelike statues were more interesting than the gardens and consequently I took more photos of these :o)
I even saw some interesting art work on buildings in a corner square opposite the Notre Dame. This picture does not do the experience justice. The whole building would have been plain had it not have been for this lovely art work. I just wish I had zoomed out and captured the whole lot.
On our photo tour with parissetmefree we came across these awesome pyramids of the Louvre to which I photoshoped in my architecture tip.
They were amazing!...and I could have spent quite a bit of time here taking photos....but we had to move on... :o(
One of the things that I wanted to do in Paris was go up to the top of the Arch De Triomph and check out all the cars going round and round. I never got to see the Arch De Triomph. That was a disappointment. We didn't even see a quarter of Paris! .... Oh well.....next time.
Instead I had to be content with seeing the smaller version of the Arch De Triomph near the Louvre. Still.... I was impressed. The architecture was lovely and the art work on top was impressive!
Speaking of art work.....just about everywhere we went we saw amazing stone carvings on the buildings. The detail is phonominal.
I took so many pictures it's hard to pick just one :o)
And I saw heaps of carved horses......again I took too many photos to pick the best one :o)
All in all, I only really spent 2 days sight seeing in the Latin Quarter of Paris and most of my time was taken up with chatting to vt members and enjoying our photo tour so my sight seeing photos cannot possibly capture the message I want to convey to you. You really have to experience Paris yourself to appreciate the awesome Architecture to be seen around every corner and at the end of every street! :o)
aussirose's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 9 Reviews
- 157 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (102)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (157)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 48 reviews, 281 photos, 18 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 57 reviews, 168 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 35 reviews, 184 photos, 10 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 20 reviews, 166 photos, 10 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 26 reviews, 157 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Margaret River Intro, 30 reviews, 147 photos, 8 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 22 reviews, 152 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 25 reviews, 147 photos, 11 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 9 reviews, 157 photos, 18 travelogues
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 18 reviews, 148 photos, 8 travelogues