"An abandoned farm" Rautavaara Travelogue by gubbi1
Rautavaara Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 43 photos
Continueing the hike you will pass the fence, behind which the old farm is located.
Before you arrive at the huts, a small sign saying 'Rauta Hytti' might get your attention. It points to this dip. Knowing that rauta is the finnish word for iron and seeing some furnace slag placed as 'exhibition' you will suddenly understand that here a small iron works was operating. On a sign it says that lake iron was won here. Check my Möhkö page, which had an important prouction of lake iron.
Just a few meters further, the huts show up. At first I thought it is not possible to go inside, I saw atht it is open. So I peaked in and was surprised. I didn't know that here was a dayhut (a place to rest or take shelter).
It i very clean inside and you will ind a table to sit at. On it there is some information about the area (in Finnish).
More interesting are the things they put on the oven. Gues these things were found in the area of the farm yard. There is even a shoe!
Isn't this beautiful in the beginning of autumn?
We cross the yard and exit on the eastside. Now the extension of the hike is in front of us...
gubbi1's Related Pages
Rautavaara Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rautavaara
- 0 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Rautavaara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rautavaara
Photos in RautavaaraSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues