"London Docklands & Greenwich" London Travelogue by spidermiss
London Travel Guide: 25,627 reviews and 58,523 photos
London Docklands is an area in South East London which were formerly part of the Port of London, at which was the once the largest port of the world.
The Docklands developed over the 17th and 18th Centuries and they were bombed during World War II. During the 20th Century, the docks went in decline and subsequently closed. The closure had a social impact with high unemployment, porverty and crime.
In 1981 London Docklands Development was formed by the government to regenerated the area. During the 1990s the area was converted to a mixture of residential, commercial and light industrial space. Access to the Docklands was improved with the Docklands Light Railway. The famous landmark is Canary Wharf. The Docklands today has a lively community with its free newspaper.
Museum of London Docklands - See tip
Mudchute Park and Farm
Islands Gardens Park
Royal Observatory, Meridan Line and National Maritime Museum.
Old Royal Naval College
- See All My London Swim Base!
- See All Wonderful Pizzas!
- See All Seeing a movie on a big screen!
- See All All Saints, Margaret Street
- See All Serpentine Galleries
- See All Foyles
spidermiss' Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 192 Reviews
- 799 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wonderful Late Lunch!"
- Wrote a Review My London Swim Base! about Pancras Square Leisure in London Sports & Outdoors
- updated a London Travel Page "London Town, England's Capital!"
- Commented on one of spidermiss's London tips
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Overnight acommodation at..."
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (799)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 798 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 150 reviews, 774 photos, 36 travelogues
- York Intro, 76 reviews, 294 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 52 reviews, 275 photos, 11 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues