"The Museum of the breakthrough the blockade of Len" Saint Petersburg Travelogue by Oleg_D.
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,645 reviews and 7,957 photos
That military museum is situated forty kilometers east from Saint Petersburg on the left bank of the river Neva. This is the place where the Soviet Army started the offensive on January 12, 1943 and by January 30 unblocked the city. Museum has small but very good collection of WW II Soviet tanks. All tanks were drowned in the river Neva during in 1941-1943 and found within last decade. Many tanks which had no combat damages were still operatable despite sixty years under water. Museum also has the diorama showing the scenes from the first day of Soviet Army offensive on January 12, 1943.
Access to museum: tourist can get it by car (the best option) or public buses #565 and 575 from the bus stop near the metro station ?Ulitsa Dybenko? at Saint Petersburg.
Working time from Monday through Sunday, from 11:00 -18:00
Oleg_D.'s Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Russian for beginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 86 Reviews
- 440 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Pleace create new place..."
- Commented on one of Oleg_D.'s Saint Petersburg tips
- Wrote a Review Princess Maria about Princess Maria in Saint Petersburg Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Princess Maria. Class A Cabin"
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travel Page "City of the Saint Peter"
Photos in Saint PetersburgSee All Photos (440)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 160 reviews, 802 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 123 reviews, 603 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 113 reviews, 560 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 110 reviews, 556 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 86 reviews, 440 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 80 reviews, 404 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toledo Intro, 78 reviews, 384 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 79 reviews, 382 photos
- Milan Intro, 67 reviews, 338 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne Intro, 70 reviews, 317 photos