"Hiking on Koli mountain range --- part 2" Eno Travelogue by gubbi1
Eno Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 27 photos
We now have left the area from where we have the great views over the lake, but here rocks are now the eye catcher. Some of them can be climbed to get another glimpse of lake views, but take care. Behind it might drop down very deep, which would kill you if you slip from the partly slippery rocks. So we keep on the trail and enjoy the nordic forest.
The signs show you also the way to the peaks of Koli, which carry names of gods of the Finnish mythology.
Still we follow the well prepared trail.
On the rocks you can see traces of the glaciers which flattend them and left scratches.
I really like rocks.
You will pass this open air altar. I wonder if this place was also used for religious purposes before christianity was brought here.
This is the view to the other side of the mountain chain, northwards.
The forest gets more dense and a duckboard shows up.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Hiking on Koli mountain range --- part 1
Written May 9, 2016
Hiking on Koli mountain range --- part 3
gubbi1's Related Pages
Eno Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eno
- 0 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Eno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eno
Photos in EnoSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 231 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oulu Intro, 55 reviews, 134 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lillehammer Intro, 8 reviews, 164 photos, 17 travelogues
- Nazareth Intro, 16 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akko Intro, 11 reviews, 122 photos, 10 travelogues
- Évora Intro, 13 reviews, 116 photos, 9 travelogues
- Røros Intro, 10 reviews, 107 photos, 9 travelogues
- Bet Guvrin Intro, 18 reviews, 89 photos
- Bet She`arim Intro, 11 reviews, 90 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tomar Intro, 12 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues