"Singapore - Museums are a Gold Mine" Singapore Travelogue by purplefeet
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,772 reviews and 10,910 photos
Don't ever think that a trip to a country becomes boring when visiting museums. Check the online page of The National Museum of Singapore to see what exhibits are in line for the rest of the year. I will not forget going to Singapore in Feb 2010 and finding out that the museum is showing relics from Egypt. I was very delighted as I have always wanted to go to Egypt and see these things.
Fragments from known temples in different periods of ancient Egypt were on display. Pieces of jewelries, scripts, scrolls and other items from ancient past are a sight to behold. I didn't know I will be able to see these things just by coming to Singapore.
Here, a real casket used to contain a mummified person.
This is long script in a scroll well-preserved.
Sure they are minute compared to the Sphinx in Egypt that we usually see in Nat Geo but here they are chipped and all. It's just amazing to finally see these things up close.
Colorful stories surround these gods o ancient Egypt. An educational treat or everyone.
More Travelogues (1)
purplefeet's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Shanghai Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pampanga Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kabayan Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Vigan Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Calauit Island Intro, 2 photos, 1 travelogue
- Taiwan Intro, 1 photo
- Puerto Princesa Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.