"Me and My Family" Personal Page by iblatt
My name is Ilan (which means "tree" in Hebrew). I live in Raanana, a nice town in the Sharon valley on the coastal plain of Israel.
I was born in Israel. My parents were born in Europe, and immigrated to Israel in the 1930s (my father from Germany, my mother from Lithuania), and so they personally were spared the horrors of World War II, unlike many members of their families who perished in the Holocaust.
I spent the first part of my childhood in Jerusalem, and later grew up in Tel-Aviv. After graduating from high school I did my 3 years of army service, like most everyone in my country.
I studied medicine in the Tel-Aviv University Sackler School of Medicine, did my residency in neurology in Tel-Aviv, and then a 2-year fellowship in epilepsy and EEG in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am working as a neurologist and epileptolgist in the Sheba Medical Center in Tel-Hashomer, near Tel-Aviv. I like my work and it keeps me busy, not leaving me too much spare time... The photo shows me (second from right) with colleagues in the video-EEG monitoring unit in my hospital.
Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/d29d6/#ixzz1aDpIVoQ9
I am happily married to Phillipa, who came to Israel from Ireland, and through her I developed some Irish roots as well, or maybe I'd better say that I grew some shamrock leaves around my Israeli sabra (=cactus) core.
Our two charming daughters, Ofrah and Sharon, are grown up now. Ofrah is doing her MSc in chemistry in Jerusalem, and Sharon has started her undergraduate studies in communications in Tel-Aviv.
My family is the most important thing to me. I come from a small family (many perished in the Holocaust), and I am an only son. I think this has made me appreciate the significance of having a family, spending quality time with my immediate family, and trying to trace my roots, get to know and keep in touch with the more distant relatives in different parts of the world.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 733 Reviews
- 2,817 Photos
- 27 Countries
- 155 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
- Commented on MikeStarr5's profile page
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Average cost of water..."
- updated a North Iceland Travel Page "Northern Impressions"
- iblatt and mgrchan9891 are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Kalkilya Battle Memorial in Kefar Sava Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Archaeological Park"
- Uploaded a Video to Tenterden
updated their Personal Page "Me and My Family"
PhotosSee All Photos (2817)
VideosSee All Videos (135)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos