"Cairns Saltwater lake." Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Travelogue by tropicrd
Cairns Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,397 photos
Saltwater Lake is one of the lakes at Centenary Lakes in Cairns.
It is different to the Freshwater lake and attracts different species of birds and saltwater plants,even crocodiles come into the lake especially during mating season--the lake is formed from the tidal saltwater creek that runs through North Cairns and through to the suburbs of Edge Hill,Whitfield & Manoora.
The path ways around the water edge is fine gravel and easy to walk and paths suitable for wheelchairs and prams meander through the beautiful gardens that connect to Collins Avenue from Greenslopes Street.
A calm place to visit with lots of birdlife attracted to the saltwater lake.
Please don't pick the fruit or plants,the birds and insects rely on these to survive and some plants are rare.
As you can see these paths are wheelchair and pram friendly so everyone has the opportunity to see this lake and surrounds.
Wheelchair and pram friendly,all flat walking.
- See All Mango Madness
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
Been to Cairns?Share your travels with the world!
tropicrd's Related Pages
Cairns Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cairns QLD more than a tourist city."
- "CAIRNS (PAGES UNDER CONSTRUCTION)"
- "Cairns - A Land of Contrast"
- "Cairns - gateway to Far North Queensland"
- "IMPREXXION: CAIRNS"
- "Tropical North Queensland's landing strip...Cairns"
- "Cairns in the Far North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cairns
- Hotels in Cairns
- Transportation in Cairns
- Nightlife in Cairns
- Restaurants in Cairns
- Shopping in Cairns
- Warnings and Dangers in Cairns
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cairns
- 132 Reviews
- 509 Photos
- 84 Forum posts
- 40 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cairns
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: WHAT DO YOU EAT FoR BREAKFAST?"
- updated a Cairns Travelogue "The changing slopes around Cairns"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Alcohol free Cairns Esplanade"
- Commented on one of aussirose's Cairns travelogues
- Wrote a Review Mango Madness in Cairns Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Cairns
- Commented on the Cairns travel guide
Photos in CairnsSee All Photos (509)
Videos in CairnsSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Tasmania Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albany Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Mareeba Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue