"Gladiator for a day - Trier 24.9.2011" Trier Travelogue by MichaelFalk1969
Trier Travel Guide: 577 reviews and 1,416 photos
Ten years ago I read about a re-enactment group staging gladiatorial fights, and since then I was interested to do it myself one day.
The opportunity came in September 2011, when the Tourist Information Trier offered the chance to take part in the one-day event "Gladiator for a day". The German re-enactment group "Gladiatorenschule.de" gave theoretical background about history of the gladiatorial fights and the different types of gladiators and their fighting styles, but also basic physical training and "mock fights" under close supervision. The location - the Roman arena of Trier ("Augusta Treverorum") - was just perfect for this activity.
Great fun indeed !
MichaelFalk1969's Related Pages
Trier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Tribute to Trier"
- "Trier: Where the Romans left their traces"
- "Older than Rome !"
- "worth a visit"
- "The oldest city of Germany!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trier
- Hotels in Trier
- Transportation in Trier
- Nightlife in Trier
- Restaurants in Trier
- Shopping in Trier
- Warnings and Dangers in Trier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trier
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Trier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trier
Photos in TrierSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 210 reviews, 347 photos, 20 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination India Intro, 90 reviews, 127 photos, 8 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 49 reviews, 159 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Frankfurt am Main Intro, 92 reviews, 112 photos, 6 travelogues
- London Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canada Intro, 73 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 77 reviews, 67 photos
- Berlin Intro, 60 reviews, 64 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 61 reviews, 62 photos, 3 travelogues
- England Intro, 23 reviews, 87 photos, 8 travelogues