"Resting place for our pioneers." Personal Page by tropicrd
Cairns pioneers must have had it very tough working in the heat and humidity,no wonder so many died young from all kinds of conditions.
This must have been strange for the pioneers to find pine trees like these in the then swamp lands of Cairns.
I was sad to see the grave sites in such ruin,but after strolling through it became a peaceful resting place for such brave people who had to endure such hardship and pain.Especially for those who lost loved ones who were so young.
These lists are in the rotunda and are named in alphabetical order.
So many chinese market gardeners buried in this cemetery.
Full of history and information regarding the pioneers buried here.
Some of these stones and markers are hard to read,but the names are engraved in the rotunda.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 270 Reviews
- 1,566 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: BIG SYDNEY VT MEET"
- Commented on MacedonianUK's profile page
- updated a Cape Tribulation Travelogue "Daintree Adventure with VT members"
- tropicrd and Odiseya are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Alcohol free Cairns Esplanade"
- Wrote a Review Mango Madness in Cairns Things to Do
updated their Personal Page "Horse riding adventures."
- Commented on the Shoes, Florence travel guide
- Uploaded a Video to Albany
PhotosSee All Photos (1566)
VideosSee All Videos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos, 4 travelogues
- State of Western Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- State of Tasmania Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albany Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cape Tribulation Intro, 8 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos
- Mareeba Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue