"Saxon Shore Way (2)." Kent Travelogue by planxty

Kent Travel Guide: 1,833 reviews and 4,580 photos

Some more images.

I hope you have come to this page via the first part of the travelogue, in which case you will know that I have constructed these to show some images I have from a great walk I did some years ago. If you have not, please check it as it will make a lot more sense then.

This first one is another view of the beach near Whitstable.

This is a favourite place of mine, the Old Neptune pub in Whitstable down on the beach. It is a cracking old pub, one of many on the Way, but I don't really want to turn this into a pubcrawl guide. Still, if anyone is interested, send me a VT mail!

Another view of the beautifil seashore in the area.

I saw this boat completely alone ant apparently stuck in the ground by means of its centreboard which I thought was odd.

And this is just me trying to be all arty. I don't really need optical tricks to make me look taller, I am 6'5" already.

Another attempt at serious photography, probably not very good.

Well, how to explain this one? I was wandering along, photographing everything in sight with my new toy, and I got into conversation with this delightful young Eastern European girl. She asked me to take some photos of her. I have no idea why as we did not exchange emails or whatever and she has never seen these. I think she was just bored and fancied posing a bit. Well, I never like to disappoint a lady, so here is a representative sample of the quite sizeable amount of photos I took.

Just goes to show, you never know who you will meet!

As well as the huge quantities of fruit grown in Kent, the county is also famous for their hop production. Kent is far and away the largest producing region in the UK, and there is a tradition in the autumn, after the harvest of garlanding pubs with hops which does lead to a beautiful aroma.

The hanging of chamberpots is somewhat less traditional!

To be continued in part 3.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

planxty Visits Here Frequently!

planxty

“I have declared myself an unsafe building!”

Badges & Stats in Kent