"Saxon Shore Way (2)." Kent Travelogue by planxty
Kent Travel Guide: 1,832 reviews and 4,579 photos
I hope you have come to this page via the first part of the travelogue, in which case you will know that I have constructed these to show some images I have from a great walk I did some years ago. If you have not, please check it as it will make a lot more sense then.
This first one is another view of the beach near Whitstable.
This is a favourite place of mine, the Old Neptune pub in Whitstable down on the beach. It is a cracking old pub, one of many on the Way, but I don't really want to turn this into a pubcrawl guide. Still, if anyone is interested, send me a VT mail!
Another view of the beautifil seashore in the area.
I saw this boat completely alone ant apparently stuck in the ground by means of its centreboard which I thought was odd.
And this is just me trying to be all arty. I don't really need optical tricks to make me look taller, I am 6'5" already.
Another attempt at serious photography, probably not very good.
Well, how to explain this one? I was wandering along, photographing everything in sight with my new toy, and I got into conversation with this delightful young Eastern European girl. She asked me to take some photos of her. I have no idea why as we did not exchange emails or whatever and she has never seen these. I think she was just bored and fancied posing a bit. Well, I never like to disappoint a lady, so here is a representative sample of the quite sizeable amount of photos I took.
Just goes to show, you never know who you will meet!
As well as the huge quantities of fruit grown in Kent, the county is also famous for their hop production. Kent is far and away the largest producing region in the UK, and there is a tradition in the autumn, after the harvest of garlanding pubs with hops which does lead to a beautiful aroma.
The hanging of chamberpots is somewhat less traditional!
To be continued in part 3.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Saxon Shore Way walk (1).
Written May 9, 2016
Saxon Shore Way walk (3)
planxty's Related Pages
Kent Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kent - Home of the Hops and much more"
- "Welcome to the Garden Of England"
- "Kent, the Garden of England"
- "Kent - The Garden of England"
- "Finally: More than just Dover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kent
- Hotels in Kent
- Transportation in Kent
- Nightlife in Kent
- Restaurants in Kent
- Shopping in Kent
- Warnings and Dangers in Kent
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kent
- 89 Reviews
- 303 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (238)
Have you been to Kent?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kent
Videos in KentSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 258 reviews, 969 photos, 50 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Colombo Intro, 41 reviews, 202 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Broadstairs Intro, 53 reviews, 158 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Halifax Intro, 37 reviews, 145 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lundy Island Intro, 15 reviews, 147 photos, 12 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 25 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belfast Intro, 27 reviews, 117 photos, 4 travelogues
- Sherbrooke Intro, 10 reviews, 134 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dumaguete City Intro, 29 reviews, 104 photos
- Philippines Intro, 11 reviews, 115 photos, 11 travelogues