"Canadian Rockies - July 2005" Canada Travelogue by spidermiss
Canada Travel Guide: 41,763 reviews and 99,111 photos
I spent two weeks during July 2005 exploring the Canadian Rockies. The journey began in Banff where I spent four nights. In Banff I revisited some of the sights from my trip in 2000 such as Suplhur Mountain, Banff Springs Hotel, the town centre and so forth. Made a 'Mountains, Lake and Waterfalls' day trip to Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Yoho National Park. I also enjoyed being pampered at Banff Upper Springs.
I then joined a week long mini tour (True North Tours) exploring more of Banff National Park and also Jasper and Waterton Lakes National Park. Saw and did so many things!
Visited Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Lake Agnes Trail, Johnston's Canyon, Castle Mountain, went rafting along the Kicking Horse River, Bow Lake, Peyto Lake,
Spent a night in David Thompson Country at Sundra Creek, near Nordegg. We were privleged to stay there because it was off the tourist route and it's impossible to visit without your own transport.
We stopped at the Columbia Icefields and did a trek on the Athabasca Glacier. We also stopped at Athabasca Falls, Maligne Lake, Moose Lake, Medicine lake, Maligne Canyon and Sunwapta Falls.
We spent a couple of days in Waterton Lakes National Park, two hours south from Calgary. It's a park less visisted compared to Banff and Jasper National Parks. We spent to the day doing the challenging Crypt Lake Trail...a very demanding trek and we almost made it to the top! But we were rewarded with amazing views!
We travelled through this vast land from Calgary to Waterton Lakes National Park. On the round trip, we broked up and made trips to Bar U Ranch and Smashed in Buffalo Jump.
More Travelogues (1)
spidermiss' Related Pages
Canada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada - So much to do, so little time"
- "8000 km Coast-to-Coast (5000 miles)"
- "Canada..... from coast to coast"
- "Canada coast to coast tour"
- "PLEASURE IN CANADIAN WATERS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canada
- Hotels in Canada
- Transportation in Canada
- Nightlife in Canada
- Restaurants in Canada
- Shopping in Canada
- Warnings and Dangers in Canada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canada
- 68 Reviews
- 184 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Canada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canada
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 191 reviews, 798 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 152 reviews, 752 photos, 33 travelogues
- York Intro, 78 reviews, 297 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 52 reviews, 275 photos, 11 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 155 photos
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues