"Canadian Rockies - July 2005" Canada Travelogue by spidermiss

Canada Travel Guide: 41,752 reviews and 99,084 photos

Returning Back to Nature!

I spent two weeks during July 2005 exploring the Canadian Rockies. The journey began in Banff where I spent four nights. In Banff I revisited some of the sights from my trip in 2000 such as Suplhur Mountain, Banff Springs Hotel, the town centre and so forth. Made a 'Mountains, Lake and Waterfalls' day trip to Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Yoho National Park. I also enjoyed being pampered at Banff Upper Springs.

I then joined a week long mini tour (True North Tours) exploring more of Banff National Park and also Jasper and Waterton Lakes National Park. Saw and did so many things!

Banff National Park

Visited Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Lake Agnes Trail, Johnston's Canyon, Castle Mountain, went rafting along the Kicking Horse River, Bow Lake, Peyto Lake,

Off the Beaten Track

Spent a night in David Thompson Country at Sundra Creek, near Nordegg. We were privleged to stay there because it was off the tourist route and it's impossible to visit without your own transport.

Jasper National Park

We stopped at the Columbia Icefields and did a trek on the Athabasca Glacier. We also stopped at Athabasca Falls, Maligne Lake, Moose Lake, Medicine lake, Maligne Canyon and Sunwapta Falls.

Waterton Lakes National Park

We spent a couple of days in Waterton Lakes National Park, two hours south from Calgary. It's a park less visisted compared to Banff and Jasper National Parks. We spent to the day doing the challenging Crypt Lake Trail...a very demanding trek and we almost made it to the top! But we were rewarded with amazing views!

Canadian Prairies

We travelled through this vast land from Calgary to Waterton Lakes National Park. On the round trip, we broked up and made trips to Bar U Ranch and Smashed in Buffalo Jump.

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

Comments

spidermiss

“Seeing the World!”