"Round the World Trip - September 2002" Personal Page by spidermiss
I had purchased a "Round The World" ticket where I made six stop overs during September 2002. Visiting four new countries (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji) and circumnavigating the globe was one of my travelling highlights to date!
My first stop over was in Cape Town in South Africa. I spent three days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, exploring the Cape Peninsula and Cape Point and Stellenbosch wine region.
We had wonderful weather and it was nice to set foot to the African continent for the first time!
I spent a week in Sydney enjoy the sights this amazing city has to offer such as the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, The Rocks and so forth. One of the highlights was seeing "Tosca" at the Opera House on one of the evenings!
I made trips to the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley and Palm Beach. Also spent time with the family and meeting my new born niece (she's 9 now!) for the first time!
I spent a week touring the North Island. The first part was exploring The Bay of Islands and the second part was spent at the Waitomo Caves and Rotorua. I enjoyed learning about the Maori culture in Rotorua and some residents thought I was a Maori!
Spent three relaxing days in the Fiji Islands. The highlight was visiting the different islands on a Sea Spray Schooner and also visited some inland attractions such as Garden of the Sleeping Giant and Vudu look out. Very friendly people which made it a memorable stop over!
Los Angeles was more of a hotel stopover because the flight connections between Fiji and San Fransisco. I had to change at LAX anyway but the flights weren't suitable to change planes on the same day and taking in account that I had to clear immigration and customs as well.
Not a fan of Los Angeles as I'd been before (in 2001) so I was happy to sleep some of my jet lag off at the airport hotel.
I spent an amazing three days in this amazing city! Explored Alcatraz, Twin Peaks, Ghiradheli square for its yummy chocolate, Golden Gate Park & the famous Bridge, Aquarium of the Bay, Pier 39, Muir Woods, Sausilito and Coit Tower.
I was in San Fransisco in 2001 but appreciated my 2nd trip in 2002 even more!
More Personal Pages (13)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,670 Reviews
- 7,329 Photos
- 14 Countries
- 201 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (57)
- Uploaded a Photo to "Half Way Point On The Leeds And Liverpool Canal"
- Wrote a Review Half Way Point On The Leeds And Liverpool Canal about Half way point on the Leeds and Liverpool Canal in Church Things to Do
- created a Church Travel Page "Officially half way on the Leeds & Liverpool Canal"
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Burnley tips
updated their Profile Page "An Introduction"
- spidermiss and Valdrin25 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel London Forum "Re: Overnight acommodation at..."
- Uploaded a Video to El Calafate
PhotosSee All Photos (7329)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 193 reviews, 800 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 150 reviews, 774 photos, 36 travelogues
- York Intro, 76 reviews, 294 photos, 5 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 51 reviews, 262 photos, 10 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 33 reviews, 143 photos, 3 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 44 reviews, 112 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 34 reviews, 116 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sheffield Intro, 26 reviews, 116 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bath Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Intro, 31 reviews, 106 photos, 2 travelogues