"Round the World Trip - September 2002" Personal Page by spidermiss

One of my travelling highlights ever!

I had purchased a "Round The World" ticket where I made six stop overs during September 2002. Visiting four new countries (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji) and circumnavigating the globe was one of my travelling highlights to date!

1st Stop Over: Cape Town, South Africa

My first stop over was in Cape Town in South Africa. I spent three days exploring Cape Town, Table Mountain, exploring the Cape Peninsula and Cape Point and Stellenbosch wine region.

We had wonderful weather and it was nice to set foot to the African continent for the first time!

2nd Stop Over: Sydney, Australia

I spent a week in Sydney enjoy the sights this amazing city has to offer such as the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, Darling Harbour, The Rocks and so forth. One of the highlights was seeing "Tosca" at the Opera House on one of the evenings!

I made trips to the Blue Mountains, Hunter Valley and Palm Beach. Also spent time with the family and meeting my new born niece (she's 9 now!) for the first time!

3rd Stop Over: Auckland, New Zealand

I spent a week touring the North Island. The first part was exploring The Bay of Islands and the second part was spent at the Waitomo Caves and Rotorua. I enjoyed learning about the Maori culture in Rotorua and some residents thought I was a Maori!

4th Stop Over: Fiji

Spent three relaxing days in the Fiji Islands. The highlight was visiting the different islands on a Sea Spray Schooner and also visited some inland attractions such as Garden of the Sleeping Giant and Vudu look out. Very friendly people which made it a memorable stop over!

5th Stop Over: Los Angeles, USA

Los Angeles was more of a hotel stopover because the flight connections between Fiji and San Fransisco. I had to change at LAX anyway but the flights weren't suitable to change planes on the same day and taking in account that I had to clear immigration and customs as well.

Not a fan of Los Angeles as I'd been before (in 2001) so I was happy to sleep some of my jet lag off at the airport hotel.

6th Stop Over: San Fransisco, USA

I spent an amazing three days in this amazing city! Explored Alcatraz, Twin Peaks, Ghiradheli square for its yummy chocolate, Golden Gate Park & the famous Bridge, Aquarium of the Bay, Pier 39, Muir Woods, Sausilito and Coit Tower.

I was in San Fransisco in 2001 but appreciated my 2nd trip in 2002 even more!

• Page Updated Sep 25, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!