"The cultural exchange in Indiera, Part I" Maricao Travelogue by joiwatani
Maricao Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 47 photos
The Puerto Ricans are well-known for their music and their musical instruments. They are happy vibrant people...They love the music and love to dance.
The Puerto Ricans eat bananas and planteens a lot. It is part of their diet. There are so many different classes of bananas in Puerto Rico. They boil them, smashed them and bake them! They dry them as candies and they mix them with their food!
There are so many oranges in Puerto Rico. In fact, they are one of the major exporters of oranges in the United States! There were orange plantations in Indiera. Most of these "haciendas" are owned by wealthy Puerto Ricans...
These are the attires and costumes of the Puerto Ricans during festivals and cultural exchanges.
The high school students exchanged culture with our students. They also exchanged gifts!
Our group brought t-shirts, pins, caps, etc. We didn't bring a lot but we donated money to buy materials for the building of the hydroponic, sewing machines, etc. We also brought our skills in mapping the area...
- Driving at night
- See All Churches and chapels in Maricao
- See All The Taino's artifacts at the small...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Maricao Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beautiful jungles and rainforest of Maricao!!!"
- "OJOSVERDES22's new Maricao Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maricao
- Hotels in Maricao
- Transportation in Maricao
- Warnings and Dangers in Maricao
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maricao
- 12 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Maricao?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maricao
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues