"Musee du Bitterois" Béziers Travelogue by egonwegh
Béziers Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 249 photos
History of the town of Beziers from the earliest prehistoric times until the present day. Main point of interest is the so-called 'Tresor', the Treasure of Beziers . Make sure not to miss it, something that might easily happen because it is tucked away in one of the side chambers.
Prehistoric artefacts dating back to the Stone Age, e.g. arrow heads, scrapers, and stone axes.
Large sarcophagus, apparently still in one piece.
Me posing in front of the Treasure of Beziers ('Tresor'), three large silver platters.
Close up of one of the silver platters that make up the Treasure of Beziers.
egonwegh's Related Pages
Béziers Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wine capital of Languedoc-Roussillon"
- "Béziers, Capitale du vin et du Canal du Midi"
- "What a nice surprise!"
- "Beziers France"
- "Beziers Page"
- "Quiet Beziers"
- "Seems a dead city outside the bull fighting season"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Béziers
- Hotels in Béziers
- Transportation in Béziers
- Restaurants in Béziers
- Shopping in Béziers
- Warnings and Dangers in Béziers
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Béziers
- 3 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (103)
Have you been to Béziers?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Béziers
Photos in BéziersSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen Intro, 83 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 29 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 13 reviews, 71 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 8 reviews, 56 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zwolle Intro, 25 reviews, 31 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Arnhem Intro, 12 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues