"Montmartre on Sunday" Paris Travelogue by davesut
Paris Travel Guide: 22,753 reviews and 56,278 photos
Here we are again, location Cafe de 2 Moulins, Montmartre. Rendez-vous at 09:30 hours but not for me I'm afraid.
Here I am,not on time of course but at least with enough time to grab a seat and a coffee before we set off on the guided tour of Montmartre with pfsmalo (Paul).
I thought I had done well to get here but Ed, who I had left around 7 hours earlier outside our last watering hole, made it here before me and looked a lot better than I felt.
A fine guided tour of the key sites followed. Rain...who cares, well this musician should care that it does not wreck his instruments.
I ended up with the job of brolly dolly for Valerie at various points on this walkabout for some reason, protecting her photographic equipment from the rain in Paris. It was City of Light Rain at this stage.
So good to see yumyum (Sonja) . We had not met since Krakow but she had been in the north of England since then and shared with me her experiences of my part of the world. She was kind enough to bring along my VA pic as well.
Here is alyf1961 (Alyson) with Nemorino (Don) set back in the centre and Kaspian (Ed)
Alyson has been great company on a number of VT meets recently. She appeared very pleased to see me on Friday evening. She was telling me of the latest camping expedition by the oop north crew in North Wales in August, it rained there as well.
Don, as mentioned in earlier travelogue, took the hired bike here. He had a great map that identified all of the docking stations. He was helping me plan a route home when it began to chuck it down. I decided that discretion was best and hastened the map to be folded before it blew away and opted for the metro. Don, however still looks immaculately presented, how does he do that?
Ed, no need for a coat or brolley just looks as cool as ever. Another great VT meet to add to the list. Thanks Ed again and to stevemt for the organising my hotel and pfsmalo (Paul) for this Sunday event. Here my camera shots of VTers ends although others will have more I'm sure.
Off to Sacre Coeur, Portuguese cuisine and the flight home on Sunday evening, for others they have an extra evening or so, lucky them, enjoy.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Paris VT meet-September 2011
Written May 9, 2016
davesut's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 16 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos
- Prague Intro, 39 reviews, 35 photos
- Prcanj Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 29 reviews, 23 photos
- Florida Intro, 24 reviews, 26 photos
- Manchester Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Algarve Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sölden Intro, 16 reviews, 25 photos