"Saturday evening" Paris Travelogue by davesut

Paris Travel Guide: 22,753 reviews and 56,278 photos

Saturday Evening

On to the restaurant on Saturday evening. I'm sat in my room after my bike ride around Paris, ok I though now where are we going tonight, just look in my bag for directions...oh dear!!! Well hop on the metro to the vicinity and hope for the best. I eventually made it thanks in main to a frantic phone call to pfsmalo (Paul) . Paul's knowledge of the streets of Paris is legendary and I was very grateful and relieved to find the restaurant.

This was a great spot for dinner in Paris. The intimate restaurant was how I imagine all Paris restaurants to be. It was a little cosy though as we made our way through the three courses. Let us not forget the very touching speech and presentation made to aussirose by Howard which has been captured so well by many VTers but not me and my lousy camera skills. Soon enough it was time to move on again.

Back to Parc du Champ de Mars for the tower in the evening. This is where VTers who had maneuvered so well in the area where split in two for the light show. Good news is we all met up a little later, including with PJ, Swanet, BrooklynEd and so many more that I would love to have a decent memory enough to mention.

On to the pub later. I've heard a few people mention that they are a little worried that some VT meetings turn into an alcohol fest. Well, not to worry at Paris, unless you have come into money that is. The prices were scary but the company was intoxicating. I think this is one of my best pics, great smiles.

Ed and I finding the evening so stimulating. Ed is the guy who arranged the meet and I will be eternally grateful to him. You know, he is not bad company either especially after we missed our stop on the last metro of the night on the way home. Back above ground we spent about 15 minutes looking at a map trying to work out which way was north. Ed called it and within 5 minutes we were in home territory and back in a pub. It was all in the planning.

On the way home - Kaspian, Gillybob and Davesut signing off for the evening, thank you and goodnight. Now, the time is fast approaching midnight and none of us would be in bed before 3am but who was going to make it up for coffee and croissants at Montmartre at 09:30 hours?

• Page Updated May 9, 2016

“I have nothing to declare except my geekinus”

Badges & Stats in Paris