"Most memorable trips so far - Part 2" Personal Page by Jefie

San Juan, Puerto Rico (February 2010)

It is a truth universally acknowledged that every Canadian needs a break from cold weather comes February ;o) And so in 2010, we decided to head down south to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico! We spent fabulous 5 days in and around the city of San Juan, discovering its history and culture, while also taking the time to enjoy some its natural attractions and gorgeous weather. We were especially pleased to see that despite being very modern, San Juan has retained its Caribbean flavor: the food was amazing, the people warm and friendly - definitely a great place to go to forget all about snow!

Veneto & Tuscany, Italy (May 2010)

I came back from my first trip to Italy with my belly full of wine, pasta and pizza, and my mind full of beautiful landscapes, amazing works of art, and fantastic historical sites and monuments. It all started with five wonderful days in Venice, followed by a week in Florence (with side trips to Lucca, Pisa and Siena), and we ended up in fair Verona for a couple of days before flying back home. You can read all about my Italian adventures on my travel pages!

Central Europe (August 2011)

After listening to a great violin solo, Sylvain suggested going to Vienna for our next trip to Europe. Building on that idea, I decided to add Budapest and Prague to our itinerary, and off we were to Central Europe! We spent two weeks walking around those three beautiful cities, taking in all the sites and as many museums as possible, while also taking the time to sample the local food and drinks. To make it even better, I got to spend my last day in Prague with Eman (Zajem), one of the very first friends I made here on VT. It doesn't get any better than this!

Costa Rica (February 2012)

After years of dreaming about it, looking at brochures and then changing my mind at the last second, I finally made it to Costa Rica!! To make the most of our little adventure, we decided to join an ecotour, which we were both excited and nervous about since we'd never been on an organized tour before. In the end, we had the chance to travel with a fantastic guide and a really fun group of people, and it turned out to be a really good way of discovering some of the natural wonders of Costa Rica and getting the inside scoop on life in the country. I'll do my best to share what I've learned and discovered on my Costa Rica travel page!

Loire Valley, France (June 2014)

After spending way too much time in the hopital in 2012 and 2013, I was finally diagnosed with MS and started being treated for it with good results, so off we were again! And I'm glad to say that I made it through my very first cycling trip with no major injuries to report :o) Other than a few mishaps that had a lot to do with my ability to ride a real bicycle as opposed to a stationary one, the whole experience was absolutely incredible! From Orléans to Saumur, we biked our way along the Loire River from one castle to the next, discovering several charming towns along the way. Without a doubt, riding a bike turned out to be the best way to discover what the majestic Loire Valley had to offer!

Rome, Italy (October 2014)

For our last official vacations in 2014, Sylvain came up with the rather fabulous idea of going to Rome, la Città eterna! We spent a total of 10 amazing days walking all over the city, discovering the rich history and numerous charms of the capital of Italy, along with the mandatory sidetrip to Vatican City. I was also lucky to meet up with VTer "Sotschi" (Britta from Hamburg, Germany) when we found out through the magic of Facebook that we both happened to be in Rome at the same time, so Sylvain and I shared a wonderful dinner with Britta and her friends on Piazza de la Repubblica. I also want to thank "Goodfish" for the precious advice she gave me before the trip, it all came in incredibly handy. So many reasons to enjoy being part of the wonderful VT community!

• Page Updated Apr 17, 2016

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Real Name