"Hiking the Kettunkierros --- Part 1" Kouvola Travelogue by gubbi1

Kouvola Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 85 photos

At the entrance to most of the National Parks that I have visited in Finland you get a lot of information about the park. There are maps with marked hiking trails, bbq places and camping areas. You will find information about the nature and why this particular park was formed. But also those things which are allowed or forbidden are listed.
Despite that I knew already what I wanted to do, I had the Kettunkierros-printout with me, I checked other options for hiking aswell. You never know when you are back next time... Then the hike started... I decided to make it in clockwise direction and keep the ferry for the end. Curiosity about the bridge was too strong.

When arriving in the park I did not know yet that the Kettunkierros is so well signed that keeping the printout at hand was not neccessary. I decided to put it back into my backpack and continued my hike.

Finally I was back in the Finnish forests after quite some time...

... and the first lake started to shimmer through the trees.

The trail continued along the lake side, at the beginning a little above it.

Compared to Valkmusa National Park you will notice that there are much more rock structures here, but as always there are perfect duckboards preventing from getting wet feet.

From here it was not far anymore to get to the interesting bridge.

• Page Updated Sep 17, 2011

Comments

gubbi1

“The way is the destination!”

Badges & Stats in Kouvola

Have you been to Kouvola?

Latest Activity in Kouvola