"Karl Marx and Me" Chemnitz Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Chemnitz Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 628 photos
Right in the city centre there is a giant bronze head placed on a stone cube. It is really really big and the wild hair and beard could do with some trimming.
The large building behind it has an inscription, also ginormous, that contains an invitation to some kind of international meeting in several languages - it says something about ,"Workers of all countries, unite!" We should try putting up something like that for the next big VT meeting!
I learned that the head is a portrait of Karl Marx and that this monument is a famous relic of the DDR. In those times the city had even been renamed Karl-Marx-Stadt, although Karl Marx had never been here.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Chemnitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chemnitz - A City in Transition"
- "Chemnitz - City of Modernism"
- "Chemnitz - Karl-Marx-Stadt - Chemnitz"
- "Chemnitz formerly known as Karl Marx Stadt :)"
- "Karl-Marx-Stadt --> Chemnitz"
- "Chemnitz, Saxony - Germany"
- "Bonios lunch stop in Chemnitz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chemnitz
- Hotels in Chemnitz
- Transportation in Chemnitz
- Nightlife in Chemnitz
- Restaurants in Chemnitz
- Shopping in Chemnitz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chemnitz
- 0 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Chemnitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chemnitz
Photos in ChemnitzSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues