"The Castle in Zschopau" Zschopau Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Zschopau Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 16 photos
The castle in Zschopau is a museum. Of course it has history in there, lots of it. The model up there shows the town and castle as it was in former times.
But they also show other things in there. Motorbikes, for example. The connections between motorbikes and a castle did not occur to me at once - imagine a knight in shiny armour on a motorbike, rattling over cobblestone streets... However, I learned that some decades ago Zschopau used to be the seat of a famous motorbike factory.
There is no more ols furniture in the rooms but they have their renaissance ceilings and some frescoes on the walls.
The castle keep can be climbed but since the view was zero because of the rain and low clouds we decided to save ourselves the effort.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Zschopau Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Zschopau
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Zschopau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zschopau
Photos in ZschopauSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues