"Horch-Museum (1)" Zwickau Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Zwickau Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 419 photos
The main topic on this day's itinerary was a visit to the Horch-Museum. I has nothing to do with hearing aids but is named after a certain August Horch, an engineer who started producing cars in Zwickau some 100 years ago. The former grounds of his factory have been turned into a museum.
The one in the forst photo is the oldest of his cars they have on display.
The museum shows, of course, cars. But ist also explains the times when they were built and presents street scenes as they looked when such cars were around.
Here is a petrol station of the 1930s.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Zwickau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Robert Schumann, cars and more"
- "Zwickau: Home to Trabant and Robert Schumann"
- "Spending an afternoon at the police station..."
- "Zwickau in Sachsen"
- "A Wombat in Zwickau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zwickau
- Hotels in Zwickau
- Transportation in Zwickau
- Nightlife in Zwickau
- Restaurants in Zwickau
- Warnings and Dangers in Zwickau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zwickau
- 0 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Zwickau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zwickau
Photos in ZwickauSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues