"Vogtlandmuseum: How Local Humans Lived" Plauen Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Plauen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 131 photos
In the afternoon we visited a museum that occupies these three townhouses. It tells about the history of the town, and the historical rooms in those houses are also part of it.
We saw how wealthy Plaueners lived in the late 18th century. This here is one family's ballroom. They must have had lots of parties if they needed to install such a pretty hall for that. Nowadays it is used for concerts.
This room in the back wing has a dining table, but wew did not get any food...
I liked the beautiful pavement.
Once a very famous guest stayed in this room: Napoleon, together with his wife.
The model shows the three houses. But we could not resist playing with the reflections in the mirror behind it.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Plauen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Plauen
- Hotels in Plauen
- Transportation in Plauen
- Restaurants in Plauen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plauen
- 0 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Plauen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plauen
Photos in PlauenSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues