"An Old Bridge and an Old Church" Plauen Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Plauen Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 131 photos
Time for some history after all that fabric with holes!
Plauen is located on a river named Elster (magpie). Strange, the water wasn't black and white and we did not see any magpies around either.
Anyway, there is a very old stone bridge across the river which dates from the middle ages.
Note the two church steeples on the horizon, we are going to visit that church afterwards.
They made a new road bridge for all those big cars and trucks and trams and buses and motorbikes and such, and reserved the old bridge for pedestrians.
The blue railing is part of the new bridge. The rest is not worth showing, it is just another modern concrete thing.
Here is the church from closer by. Just like the bridge it originates from the middle ages, but later on lots of repairs and refurbishments have been made.
I like the steeples. They look as if they are wearing bobble caps.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Plauen Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Plauen
- Hotels in Plauen
- Transportation in Plauen
- Restaurants in Plauen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plauen
- 0 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Plauen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plauen
Photos in PlauenSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues