"Zschopauer Tor" Marienberg Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Marienberg Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 157 photos
Only one of the old town gates and a few metres of town wall are still there. Since this gate protected the road that leads to Zschopau, it is named Zschopauer Tor. I challenge you: try to pronounce it...
The building is not too spectacular but since it is the only one of its kind in town, we devoted some attention and some photos to it.
Not far from the gate, a post distance column has been put up in the early 18th century. These things can be found all over Saxony. They give the distances to surrounding cities. They are part of a big project all over the country to measure the roads and mark the distances.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Around Market Square
Written Sep 15, 2011
At the Town and Mining Museum
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Marienberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marienberg - Renaissance town in the mountains"
- "Marienberg - Renaissance Mining Town"
- "Marienberg, in exDDR"
- "A Wombat in Marienberg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marienberg
- Transportation in Marienberg
- Restaurants in Marienberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marienberg
- 0 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Marienberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marienberg
Photos in MarienbergSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues