"Around Market Square" Marienberg Travelogue by Russell_the_Wombat
Marienberg Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 157 photos
The market square in the middle of the town is really a square, geometrically speaking. A very wide one, in fact. It is surrounded by trees and benches and a street with many bus stops. It is quite useful to have the main bus station in the very centre of the town instead of having a long walk first. We arrived right in front of the town hall.
The square was empty now but I think they are doing farmers markets there, and the Christmas market in December.
The square is then surrounded by rows of human burrows, aka houses. In one corner there is the town hall. The street in the corner opposite the town hall leads to the main church, which you see in the background here.
Since you asked, of course we visited the church, but there were too many people around so I had to hide in the bag.
Town hall and houses, street with bus stops, and trees, as described above.
Note the grey skies. We were lucky not to be caught in the heavy rain shower that went down while we were inside the church.
The streets are all straight and look a bit uniform. The houses have been painted in a variety of pastel colours to create a more pleasant appearance.
Again, there is the church in the background.
More Travelogues (2)
Written May 9, 2016
Written Sep 15, 2011
At the Town and Mining Museum
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Marienberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marienberg - Renaissance town in the mountains"
- "Marienberg - Renaissance Mining Town"
- "A Wombat in Marienberg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marienberg
- Transportation in Marienberg
- Restaurants in Marienberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marienberg
- 0 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Marienberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marienberg
Photos in MarienbergSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues