"Art Attack: Part Two" Personal Page by HispanicYob

Card Shark Bachelors

Typical weekday night....Darkwing Duck fought some crime....Josť spent the day being a typical malandro....Top Cat had hustled enough saps for the day....they did the club last weekend....how about just kicking back for once with a deck of cards?

This idea had been sitting in my head for a while. I wanted this to represent some of animations coolest bachelors, and what better bachelor-type activity to do then play some cards eh? I suck at games like poker, it's way too complicated for me. Blackjack's more of my thing. I went for a strong poster edge filter on this to evoke more of a gritty city-type feel.

Scooby Snack Sneak Attack

This took hours of tweaking and rearranging but I think I might've gotten it right!

I wanted to do a Scooby Doo/Yogi Bear fanart for a long time. This idea came to my head one day weeks back and I decided to make the idea into fanart goodness.

I wanted to go for a vibrant, happy effect in the hues and tones. I hope I didnt overdue it on the bright colors. I think now I should've made the colors in the mountainside a bit duller to offset the pic. What do you think?

Poor Scooby is so unsuspecting. Make sure you give him a Scooby Snack to replace the meat that was stolen from him. You figure he'd see the hook dangling over his head and do something! Enjoy

On a Lonely Outcrop

Jon Talbain is a video game character from the Capcom supernatural fighter, Darkstalkers. He's one of my favorite characters ever! A huge fan I am. This was done to the sounds of Rumer, Slightly Stoopid, Sublime, The Doors, 311 and G. Love.

Big Bro and Little Bro

Who remembers Tazmania? One of my many favorites out of the Golden Age of Cartoons. I loved the sibling love between Taz and Jake so I figured I'd give my hand at drawing them.

I used to draw Taz a lot back in the day. So it almost came second nature again to draw him, along with his younger brother. Enjoy!

Rocko and Spunky

Who remembers Rocko's Modern Life? I used to love to watch this as a wee nipper. Now I'm in my late 20's, and rediscovered this awesome show.

More nostalgia for your trip down memory lane. I did this to the random sounds of the Beastie Boys, The Guess Who, Chris Botti, Katie Melua, and Kylie Minogue (who hails from the same country as Rocko does).

Stitch is labeling his good or bad levels. He's halfway there. Maybe he forgot the meaning of "ohana"? Maybe he ate Lilo's Elvis Presley records? I will leave that up to the viewer.

Ele E Carioca

I still have fond memories of being in Rio de Janeiro, Carnaval 2008. What a crazy time! This character hails from Rio, his name is Josť Carioca. Those who remember the Disney movie "The Three Caballeros" will recognize him instantly. He's an obscure character, and it's sad. Because he reflects the typical Carioca (a native of Rio), sly, friendly, smooth and cool.

Awesome Mascots

Behold! Some of gaming's most awesome mascots! We have Sonic the Hedgehog, Jake and Daxter, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank.

This piece was kind of frustrating to work on. >< As much fun as it is to do group pics, it can get tedious coloring, placement and worrying if it looks better in your head then it does on the screen. I didn't make this a huge high resolution. Seems more postcard ready. Hope you all enjoy nonetheless. :)

• Page Written Sep 14, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!