"Paris VT Meet Sept. 2011. (3)" Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Travelogue by pfsmalo
Paris Travel Guide: 22,860 reviews and 56,898 photos
And on to lunchtime Saturday, where Ed had organised the meet on the Champ de Mars close to the Eiffel Tower.It turned out a superb day the sun shone brightly and warmly into the evening. Much merrymaking and banter was heard between members as wine was sipped, beer was quaffed and much water (for once) was seen helping to ward off the effects of the suns rays, although we had found a nice shady spot, not too far either from the W.C......
Most of the usual suspects were there with a few latecomers, Svetlana(parisforless), Laura(laura_mexico), Valerie(borneogrrl), Helena(longsanborn) and notably Dave(davesut) who mumbled a (perhaps) greeting and promptly crashed out on the grass. Nobody seems to know whether this was due to jet-lag or over-imbibing. I must admit he did rally enough to be on the group photos at the end of lunch.
This was Dave's position for much of the afternoon, although he did show his flag so no-one kicked him out of the gathering.
On this shot we can see from left to right :
(background) Gillian, Alyson, Dave, Diana, David,Kirsty, Steve, Bernd, Ann, Marlies, Howard hidden by Svetlana, Catherine, Maaike, Francesca and friend Penny.
(standing) Ilse and Don.
(seated front) Helena and Valerie.
Just to prove to husbands, wives and police officers that we were really where we said we were, group shot with Mr. Eiffels toy in the background.
Diana, Don, Laura, Sonja, An, Kristi, Maaike, Alyson, Ilse, Dave, Marlies, David, Catherine with Kristys hair behind, Helena, Bernd, Valerie, Ed, Svetlana, Gillian, Steve, Sue and Penelope.
- See All Rue Le Goff, 5th.
- See All Opera Garnier IV, 9th.
- See All La petite ceinture.
- See All Paris 75020, WC's, toilets and...
pfsmalo's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 407 Reviews
- 1,572 Photos
- 1,457 Forum posts
- 56 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (184)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Google hits"
- Commented on one of pfsmalo's Paris tips
- Uploaded a Photo to "Montmartre Cemetery, 18th. II."
- updated a Paris Travel Page "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- Wrote a Review Rue Le Goff, 5th. in Paris Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on the Paris travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Paris Intro, 407 reviews, 1569 photos, 17 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mali Intro, 57 reviews, 242 photos, 5 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 44 reviews, 193 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 38 reviews, 183 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Utah Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 9 reviews, 163 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 28 reviews, 141 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trinidad Intro, 25 reviews, 122 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mauritius Intro, 24 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue